environmental voter tool

Environmental Action members are collaborating to create an organic, growing list of local environmental questions on the ballot in every city and town in America.

Browse the list using the links below and to your right — or add your own idea by logging in and telling us what issues you’re voting on this November that impact the planet.

Most important, you get a vote. Use your 10 stars to tell us which ideas are most important to you and the planet — and tell your friends to vote too. The top 3 ideas you select will get money, endorsements and support from hundreds of thousands of us this October

Voters in my state should know about:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Ban Fracking in NY

Ban Fracking in the state of NY. It is the climate change's ultimate problem. The Governor is in office to protect the constituency, not to make there land, water and air toxic and use the last water we have. We have to honor mother earth for the next 7 generations as a starter.

There is too much proof that fracking is too toxic. That is what the Insurance companies and Mortgage banks say as well. The people and animals get very sick and so many have died in the fracking states.

We must BAN fracking.

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      3 comments  ·  NY  ·  Admin →
    • Charge 10-15 cents for every plastic bag used at stores; use those funds for environmental projects

This action has already been taken in European countries, where it has been effective in encouraging citizens to use reusable bags instead of taking plastic ones, which cause pollution, suffocation, and death in birds, turtles, and other wildlife. The funds culled from the plastic bag charge could be used to support environmental projects. Here in New York very small percentage people appear to be using reusable bags. This simple step could go a long way!

17 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)